A few years ago I received a complimentary bottle of Shea oil and I’ve been hooked ever since! I started purchasing Shea butter in the raw to compliment the oil but it’s pretty tough and can be a pain to spread across your skin in its natural solid-state. I’ve been trying new methods to keep my skin in great condition.
This whipped Shea butter is amazing! My skin loves it and I instantly notice a difference once I apply it! I add coconut oil, jojoba oil, and almond oil to my whipped butter but you can honestly add whatever oil of your choice!
This is great for those who have dry skin and/or want more natural skincare products!
– 1 cup unrefined shea butter
– 1.5 tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
– 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
– 1.5 tablespoons of almond oil
essential oils (optional), I used 3 drops of peppermint, 5 drops of sweet orange and 3 drops of lavender
– Electric mixer
– Clean empty container (cleaned glass salsa jars and peanut butter jars work great!)
Watch the video!
Directions to make whipped Shea butter
1.Cut & Melt
Cut the Shea butter into pieces and Melt (low setting) No higher than 175 F
2. Add other oils
Once the oil starts to cool, add other oils to the melt shea butter
3. Whip it together
Whip…. Whip it good lol. Whip the Shea butter with an electric mixer until it becomes a whipped soft texture.
Store Whipped Shea butter inside a glass or plastic bottle
– If your Shea butter is solid, melt on a very low setting (I use a double boiler). Shea butter has a very low melting point. Shea butter starts to lose its nutrients when melted above 175 F
– make sure the mixture is completely cool before blending. The Shea butter will not whip if it’s warm. You can sit the bowl on top of a plate of ice while mixing to quicken the process
The form you have selected does not exist.