*Disclosure* This post may contain affiliate links, which means that we get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links at no cost to you.
My IKEA Kallax bookshelf is about 8 years old. It’s boring, blah BUT in great shape. As I redecorate my home, I wanted to add some extra seasoning to my bland office using the furniture I already have!
With a some extra pieces and a little elbow grease, I turned my $89 IKEA bookshelf into something z gallerie is charging $800+ for.
Here is a list of everything I used (and similar products I was able to find)
– Ikea Kallax (White)
– Furniture Feet
– Rust-Oleum Gold spray paint
– Ikea Kallax Shelving Units Insert with Door
– Electric drill
– gold handle pulls
– Golden Overlays:
(Silver is available on amazon))
– Gold vase (purchased mine from Burlington) similar one: https://amzn.to/2BChgoo
I used these pieces to style my bookshelf
– DIY Candle Pillar from Dollar Tree (Watch the DIY video here: https://youtu.be/30z4wDCZ-Ew)
– Gold Tray: Burlington
– Picture Frame: Dollar Tree
– Picture: Burlington
– Window Curtains
Watch the video tutorial here: